Need a special bottle? Want some personalized suggestions? Reach out to our team of Somms at info@aocselections.com

2021 Podere Le Boncie "Cinque" Toscan Rosso

Regular price $42.00
Unit price
per 

5 Bottles in Stock


Shipping calculated at checkout.
REFERENCE POINT SANGIOVESE: PODERE LE BONCIE

Since Gianfranco Soldera's passing, the metaphorical crown of Sangiovese has been tossed about between a half dozen producers, most with exceptional merit. For all of the Stella di Campalto, Le Ragnaie, and Salicutti requests we get, we rarely see inquiries for these stunning Sangiovese wines from Podere Le Boncie. Giovanna Morganti's Sangiovese-based beauties are the reference point examples for natural winemaking in Tuscany. 300 cases were imported to the United States and only a few made it to Texas. Podere Le Boncie's "Le Trame" is bottled as a 90% Sangiovese with the remaining 10% filled in by Tuscan natives Colorino, Mammolo, Foglia Tonda, and Ciliegiolo. Opting out of the Chianti Consorzio in 2011, she has been an outspoken promoter of more non-interventional winemaking and biodynamic farming. This is Sangiovese wine making laid bare with its dried red cherries, orange peel, dusty earth and spice tones.  Despite leaving the Consorzio, this is classic Chianti al Naturale, without pushing into the wild and feral depths of unhinged natural wines. The style is slightly deeper in color and more robust than most Chianti.

Antonio Galloni of Vinous recently released a report describing the 2021 vintage as [possessing] "some of the most exciting young wines [he has] tasted in more than twenty years of visiting the region". These wines were sommelier secrets, but have recently become critical darlings, receiving high scores and high praise such as reminding Galloni of "Gianfranco Soldera's Brunellos with the more mid-weight body of Chianti ''. I highly encourage lovers of intelligent Sangiovese to pursue these wines. 

How do I pick up my wine?

Orders are generally ready within 1-3 business days, but you can always email or call us for a status update. 

Need your wine fast? Just call us! We can expedite the order and may have it ready in less than an hour.

After checking out, you will receive a pickup confirmation email when the order has been pulled and packed. You can pickup your wine at our shop at 2301 Portsmouth Street in Upper Kirby, Houston. For more information, or if you need your wine more quickly, reach out to us at info@aocselections.com and we will do everything we can to accomodate.